Resettlement and benefits
To support your resettlement, you will be offered one of the following:
- home-to-work travel expenses for up to two years, if you live within 75 minutes of the prison you’ll be working at
- up to £12,000 relocation costs if you live more than 75 minutes away.
* Relocation costs over £8,000 are usually taxable, however we will be covering the tax burden for pay the additional £4,000.
Your pay depends on where you work in England and Wales, and your weekly shift hours.
You will start on a 37 hour contract until your initial training is complete. After this you can choose to increase your hours to 39 or 41 hours a week.
You can also earn more if overtime is available in your prison.
|Example starting salary for a 39 hour week (including 20% unsocial hours allowance)|
|Outer London||£34,140 to £36,140*|
|South and South East||£32,702 to £34,202*|
Figures based on new pay award from September 2022.
*includes market supplements.
Full Salary Information
- 25 days annual holiday (rising to 30 days after 10 years service)
- Civil service pension with employer contributions of over 25%
- paid time off for public holidays and 1 extra privilege day*
- generous maternity leave cover
- cycle to work scheme and travel loans
- property rental deposit loans
- access to local keyworker housing schemes
- employee assistance programmes
- paid special leave for Reservists to participate in the continuous mandatory period of training.
*As prisons operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week, you will be expected to work on some public and bank holidays. Any that you do work will be added to your annual leave entitlement.Register Your Interest